Sunday, September 21, 2008

Round and round we go.

... Like a carousel. At some point, it comes to a full stop. The cycle comes full circle, and you're forced to take a closer look into the past. You look over all the new prospects, the "what-ifs and what-could've-beens," and even old flames. Have you ever thought about how many types of guys have come and gone in your life? This is my take on the "Male Taxonomy." (Note: This is for entertainment purposes)

I want to start with Needy Ned who just never really got it. No matter how honest or upfront, he just brushed it off. You get a response that may sound like, "I'm sorry you feel that way... So how about dinner sometime?" There's a difference between being persistent and being obnoxious.  Relax. But you could have someone like Nice Guy Nick to change perspective. He's sweet and endearing, and very cordial in his invitations, but... well he's TOO sweet. Borderline boring sometimes, and so close to the "friend zone," might of as well just call him "Bro." This is unfortunate if he's really into you. Just make sure he doesn't turn into a Ned.

Now, you may have also encountered the Prince Charming Charlie type of guy. Okay. I'm sure we've come across many. Charlie makes you giggle like a school girl. Sickening right? Beyond gorgeous, knee weakening, flirty. But you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach, and a red flag comes up. Then you find yourself with a Lusty Leo kind of guy who is an evolved form of Charlie. Can you imagine? Not only is he all of the above, but Leo is PURE bad boy, and you like it. You're instantly intrigued. He's dangerous. You're curious. It happens ladies. Just remember, it's okay to look, but touch at your own discretion. 

As you go about life, you're more in touch with who you are. You learn what you want and what you don't want, and what you're deserving of. Then one day, you meet "Mr. Right Now" Ricky. Ricky is great. You guys have fun with each other, you have a lot in common, but you just know that he's not the one you imagine yourself ending up with. "Ricky, it's not you, it's me. I'm sorry." 

Now you struggle with the question, "am I ever going to find HIM?" and you go back and forth with yourself, wondering what is wrong with you, and you give up the search. Then, by some miracle, you meet Perfect Peter. Peter is everything you want. Handsome, funny, understanding, friendly, the list goes on. It was as if you dreamt him up in your head, and *poof* he's right there. So you invest. You give it all up.  You wait... and wait... Days pass, weeks, and months. The conclusion... absolutely nothing. "Did I do something wrong?" Not at all.  "He's just not that into you."

Come on! Really? So now you find yourself here at these cross roads, overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions, wondering why the tables have turned. No, not karma. Just a Sick Cycle Carousel. One day, it will come full circle at some point, and you're forced to take a closer look. This time, at yourself.




Thanks for letting me share.


 


No comments:

I am...

My photo
I wanted to quickly introduce myself in hopes of reaching out, and meeting other bloggers out here in cyber land. I am an aspiring screenwriter and enjoy sharing my thoughts and stories with the world. So I hope that you enjoy and I'm looking forward to meeting you!